Friday, August 27, 2010

Belly Cast - 37 weeks


Last weekend Mom, Jill and William came for a visit. We had a fun time. We took William to a little petting zoo. He seemed excited to go, but once we got there, he quickly became bored. There were these adorable goats and everyone was petting them. William brushed a couple of them, but didn't feel like petting them. Afterwards I realized that the only reason he didn't pet them was because I told him he would have to wash his hands after. Poor kid ended up having to wash them anyways....


While Uncle Nenad and William entertained each other, Mom, and Jill did a belly cast for me! It was so much fun. I love messy things lol. Plus I have always always wanted to have a belly cast done while pregnant. When Trina was pregnant I wanted so badly to do one on her, but the timing just never worked out. It was quite interesting covering myself in vaseline and then having mom and Jill wrap me in plaster strips :) Who knew it would dry so fast. It peeled off of me so easily where I was covered with vaseline but I have to say, it was quite tender in the few areas that hadn't been covered ...... ouchy











  It was such a fun bonding experience. Just us girls, prepping the plaster strips, watching youtube videos to see what the heck we were suppose to do, and then getting down to business lol. I even bought pink dollar store table clothes to use as the drop clothes :) Can't wait for Jillybean to be pregnant so we can do one for her!!!


Mom and Jill did such an amazing job. You can even see my belly button, among other things, on the cast. I just have to sand and prep it. Im not positive how I want to decorate it, but i think keeping it nice a simple is all it needs. I think I will put the baby's foot prints on the inside where I feel her always hick-upping, and maybe put a little bird somewhere on the outside. I think it looks perfect as is :) Thank you Mom and Jill.

No comments: