Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Aunty Trinas birthday



Here we sit in mid travel. Going to visit the family, to celebrate Sophie's Aunty Trina's birthday. All is well at the moment. Sophie is sound asleep. I suppose she needs her sleep, as she was up all night. I think I had a grand total of 2 maybe 3 hours of rest lastnight. At some point in the night, maybe 4 or 5 am, I brought Sophie in the bed to sleep with us. I thought that might help her sleep, but in the end, I don't think it made much of a difference. I really truly miss my sleep, and some days it shows more than others. What is a little sleep loss when you have a beautiful little girl. A little one who depends on you, loves you, smiles and coos at you. I'm sure there will come a day when I will get a full 8 hours of sleep..... Right?!?

Sophie has been a little chatter bug lately. Oh my gosh, it is the cutest thing. I love hearing the new sounds she is making. I can see the determination it takes her to get these sounds out. It is obvious she is telling me something very very important, by the way her eyes focus fully on me, her face turns bright red and then pow, from her her lips spill a myriad of sounds. I can see the wheels turning, I can see how excited she is to communicate. I can't help but shower her in love and kisses. Honestly, I really can't stop myself from kissing her. She is so soft and cuddly, so smiley and lovable.

No comments: