Saturday, June 12, 2010

Creature in the dryer

Im starting to think this little baby is going to be somehow connected to birds when born. I named the site Bluebirdssing, my sister is throwing me a baby shower with a bird theme, and now I have rescued a baby bird from my dryer vent. There has to be some sort of connection there.

This morning I heard rustling coming from the laundry room. Ok I admit, I was scared to open the door, not knowing what it could be. The scratching noise seemed to be coming from the exhaust hose from the dryer. Let me just say that a million thoughts went through my head. As if some big scary creature had shrunk itself down and crawled into the house. I banged the wall a bit, and wiggled the hose thinking it would scurry back out from where it came. This didn't work, but it did stop moving, so I left the room and closed the door behind me. Well an hour later, I walked by the laundry room and there was the noise again. I ran to Nen, thinking the big manly man would fix the problem, but he was still in bed, and said he would look into it when he got up. I was worried that whatever monstrous creature was in there, might suffocate from the heat if left any longer. I decided to go in on my own. Wondering if I should put on some gloves or goggles, I braved it out. Bare handed, I removed the hose, made a strange little girlie sound, and ran the thing outside. With a little shake, out popped an adorable little bird. I again made a strange little girl sound. I was concerned cause the bird wasn't flying away. She just sat there and let me take a few pics as I talked a bit to her, asking her if she was ok. I didn't want to leave her out on the grass stunned and or injured, easy prey for some awful cat!. Well Riley solved that problem. Two seconds after I stopped recording, Riley noticed the bird. In an attempt to kindly sniff the birdie, he literally scared the poop out of her and she flew off. Alls well the ends well. :)

No comments: