Monday, March 7, 2011

Grandma's birthday


Happy birthday Grandma, and Happy 6 month birthday to Sophie Eveliina!! Wow 6 months. I can't believe it. I feel like you have been in my life forever, and then again, when I think about you being half a year old, I wonder where the time has gone. You are growing so fast. You are getting so tall, and soon you will have your first tooth. You are starting to somewhat like mushy bananas, but I know your favorite snack is booby milk :) Your cheeks are filling out so much. And now you are sleeping in your big girl crib!! Your beautiful blue eyes, are very slowly and faintly changing to another wonderfully stunning colour. What they will end up being, we will have to wait and see. You talk and talk and talk. You are a very observant little being. You love to touch different textures, taste everything, even paper and napkins.... especially paper and napkins lol. I am so in love with you. I always wondered how your Grandma, my Mom, could be so selfless, and then I had you. No longer is this life about me. Everything I do, and everything I am is for and about you. How I went so long without you in my life, I do not know. I love you little Liina Lu.

                                    To my amazingly loving, beautiful Mother
                                                   We all love you Mom very very much
                                                   Thank you for all the happy memories

 I thank you for being the wonderful, loving, caring, understanding, strong, hard working mom that you are. I couldn't have asked for a better teacher. Sophie will be lucky if I am even half the Mother you are and have been. We are all so blessed to have you in our lives. We are the empathetic, sympathetic, loving, creative women we are today, because of you. Thank you for your patience, and understanding, for always forgiving and loving me no matter what awful things I said to you or did as a teenager. You deserve all the happiness in the world. I love you and wish you many many many years of love, family, friends, curiosity, adventure, warmth, purpose, excitement, and joy.

1 comment:

Lois Powell said...

Thanks for the kind words sweetheart..yes our lives change only for the better when we have children..it is a love that melts our hearts no matter what they do..even if they keep you up all night crying. I love the pic when you were all little..I would go back to those days in a heartbeat, brings back so many happy memories of my beautiful children. Love you lots and treasure all the moments we have together.