Friday, March 4, 2011

Time for teeth

A couple of weeks ago I thought I could feel a tooth below the surface of Sophies gums. It was such a slight rise in her gumline, that I wasn't sure if I was imagining it or not. I have noticed that my baby girls cheeks have been very rosie lately, and I would say that she has been drooling more, but she has been drooling excessively for a long time :) Anything that comes anywhere near her, ends up in her mouth. Today I rubbed my finger on her gums, and there is no doubt that a tooth will be making an appearance very soon. It feels as though it is right below the surface. I am excited and nervous for this next step. Excited because It will be a whole new experience. She will look so adorable with one uber tiny white little tooth standing all alone in a sea of gums. I'm nervous and scared because a tooth is one more reminder of how quickly she is growing, and how fast time passes by. Of course every moment that passes is one more happy, wonderful, love filled memory to look back on. She was a bit unsettled and fussy today, which is partly what drew me to feel her gums, but there are a few reasons, not just teething, that could have brought on her mood. Such as our 4 day trip to the big city, where we stayed a few nights and visited with a lot of family and friends. Which I will have to fill you in on another day. Right now I should be sound asleep. Goodnight and sweet dreams

No comments: